Briefly about us
Here at USEO we are involved in startups from different parts of the world. Cool thing about it is that you get to meet many great people and you can learn a lot. Your work makes a huge impact on the whole project which feels great and gives you tons of satisfaction. We have a small team but we care a lot about who we work with and what kind of projects we work on. Trust, honesty and being open mean a lot to us.
A few words about the project
In one of the largest project we work on, we need more help with Ruby/Rails development. The project is quite massive. A big part of it is a Ruby on Rails monolith; however, we also have more and more new services written in ReactJS with pure Ruby backend using cutting edge solutions like Event Sourcing.
The platform is related to the education system. It helps young students to find their first apprenticeships and, what is even more important, it also helps them find a profession most interesting to them. The main market is Switzerland and it is the largest platform like this in the country.
The project owner is a Swiss company. We have a fantastic relationship, as we have been working together for many years now. The team is international; however, most of the developers work from out office in Wroclaw.
Who are we looking for?
First of all, a nice and friendly person who likes to work in a team. Someone who is not scared of new technologies like Event Sourcing or Kubernetes. Bonus points for appreciating a good cup of coffee :D
What can we offer?
- high power of decision-making in the project, real impact on how it all works, and great job satisfaction
- international team
- flexible working hours based on any type of work agreement or contract
- private health care
- choosing your ideal workstation (Windows, Mac, Linux). Extra displays? Sure!
- nice and cozy office in the heart of Wroclaw
- great work environment, pleasant atmosphere, great team, fantastic coffee from local roasters, and company events (if you like them)
What will you be working on?
- creating new and improving existing features in the platform
- developing existing and creating new API-based services using Event Sourcing
- doing code reviews
- writing documentation
What are our expectations?
- excelent knowledge of Ruby and/or Ruby on Rails with several years of commercial experience
- good Git skills
- good written and spoken English allowing you to communicate smoothly
- experience in working with DRY, micro services architecture or event sourcing will be a great advantage
Would you like to ask about something? You are not sure if you meet all the requirements? Feel free to write to us! We will figure something out.